Context & Objectives
Our client is a large retail group active especially in Belgium and Luxembourg
In a context where retail food is experiencing growth in the convenience and e-commerce market shares, some of our client’s brands are in a situation of reversal after several loss-making years.
In this context, the interim supply chain manager was tasked with redefining the Flow infrastructures to benefit Commerce (Supply-Chain and IS)
- Understand the brands’ goals and identify gaps between ambitions and day-to-day execution.
- Supply chain audit (flows, data, merchandise)
- Proposed short-term corrective action plan
- Proposal for a strategic overhaul plan
- Separation of the Belgian and Luxembourg supply chain and overhaul of the Belgian supply chain
- Proposal of a collaboration strategy with the supply chain of another Retail subsidiary of the same group. This strategy, rejected at first, was finally implemented on a larger scale